General Motors (GM) Tech 2 Diagnosis Handheld tester
The General Motors (GM) Tech 2 offers diagnostic functions available for 1992 and newer General Motors vehicles. Tech 2 software is individual for each brand.The General Motors (GM) Tech 2 Scan Tester is a scan tool for GM and affiliated (e.g., Suzuki, Isuzu, Holdens, Saab, AM General, and Opel/Vauxhall) dealerships worldwide.
Tech 2 Scan Tester Features
- Authentic GM software provides the most comprehensive diagnostic software available for GM vehicles
- Support for On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) on all GM systems 1992 through current model year
- Capture stored Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) and Freeze Frame data
- View status of vehicle diagnostic tests as they run
- Full bidirectional control when performing Powertrain, Chassis and Body diagnostics
- ECU Reprogramming functionality for 1993 and newer GM Flash Programmable ECUs
- Easy-to-read backlit screen
- Dimensions: 12" x 6" x 2"
- Microprocessor: 32 bit, 16MHz
- Memory: 32 MB flash type II PCMCIA. Type III slot available for future expansion
- Communications: RS232 port
- Screen: 3.8" x 2.8" backlit monochrome with full graphics capabilities: 320 x 240 pixels. Displays up to 9 vehicle parameters at once.
The Tech 2 Scan Tester has three primary software functions:
- Service Programming (ECU Reprogramming)
- Reprogram existing ECUs
- Replace and Program new ECUs
- View Captured Data
- Freeze Frame
- Failure Records
Please note that this page is about original diagnostic tool provided by vehicle manufacturer. The tool can be usually bought only by authorised dealer. We do NOT sell this equipment. The page is intended only for educational purposes.
We provide our own third-party scantools for automotive diagnostics, both for after-market repair and as an alternative for original delaer tools. Please use navigation bars at the top of this page or left navigation menu to select appropriate diagnostic software.